Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Phoenix


         Staying with their grandmother has to be the best conditions the children have ever had to live. If this is the way their mother used to live it makes you wonder why she would settle for living the way she is instead of the life of luxury she could have had. Whenever the family has no where else to go they stay with Grandma Smith and the kids get to go to the movies and don't have to worry about having enough food. Naturally since the children have been told they are going to Phoenix they assume that, like always, they will stay with their grandmother, but after Jeanette asks they find out that Grandma Smith is dead. I can't imagine the shock of the children after hearing that; I know how I would feel if it was me. I can't imagine why the parents didn't tell them when it happened and neither can Jeanette, but after they get Phoenix she soon forgets when she sees the magnificence of the house. The kids live as they never had before,  they have everything that they need for the first time and also have money for things they want like brand new bicycles. I really feel like i have learned from reading this. I take for granted the fact that I will have food waiting for me when I get home but for the Walls children it is a treat. I feel that as I continue this book I will learn even more. They live in Phoenix for a while and after their dad gets tired of city life they move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment