Thursday, July 12, 2012

Arizona and Las Vegas

          Jeanette's father is a very smart person. He is talented in math, physics, and electricity, but doesn't always use his talents the best way. He travels around the country in search of gold, trying to get rich fast so he can build the Glass Castle. He tells his children stories about all of the amazing things that he had done or all of the wonderful things he was going to do.
This is how I imagine the Glass Castle
         I think that it is an amazing idea but I doubt that the father will ever come close to accomplishing this. They move around so often that the children can't even keep track of how many places they have lived. I don't think that it is as fun as I originally thought. I can't believe that Jeanette's parents could let her fall out of the car and leave her on the side of the  road which for Jeanette said seemed like a long time. I still believe that her parents neglect her and her siblings but now I think that the parents feel that they are doing the best thing for the children by making them tough and independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment